What is Ninjas After School?
Ninjas After School is a high-energy program centered around allowing kids to let loose after a full school day. They will learn obstacles and other physical skills under instruction of a coach. Kids also work on homework, enjoy snack time, and play group games.
What are the benefits to being in OWK-Garland’s After School program?
• Weekly Ninja Class included as a part of the curriculum
• Peace of mind while you finish work, school, errands, etc
• Guided instruction on obstacle courses
• Help with homework
• All Camps offered during school breaks and summer break will be issued 20% discount.
*Perk does not apply to Drop-In students.
How old does my child have to be for OWK-Garland to transport him/her from school?
• Your child must be in Kindergarten and 5 years old for transportation. If your child is 4, he/she must be dropped off at OWK-Garland until he/she turns 5.
What should my child wear if I am bringing them for a OWK-Garland Drop-In?
• Please provide your child with athletic closed toed shoes to put on.
How do I pick up my child from a OWK-Garland After School drop-in day?
• Upon arrival, each child will be issued a tag with numbers attached. The person picking up the child from OWK-Garland must have the corresponding numbers in order to pick up the child.
If I am enrolled in OWK-Garland After School, how do I receive my discount for camp sessions?
• Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to enroll in any Camp sessions held at OWK-Garland to redeem your 20% discount.
What time is arrival and pick up?
• OWK-Garland is offered Monday through Friday from 3 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. during the school year. The children’s arrival takes place between 3-3:45, depending on the release time of each school. All children should be picked up no later than 6:30 p.m.
What if I am late for pick up?
• There is a $5.00 late fee every five minutes you are late beginning at 6:30 p.m.
What if my child does not need to be picked up from school on a given day?
• If your child is enrolled in our transport option and does not need to be transported from school, you must notify the front desk by calling 972-495-4222 by 1 p.m. each day. If your child will be routinely absent one day a week for activities such as tutoring, school plays, etc., inform the email email@example.com of the day and duration.
• This will alleviate the necessity of calling each week. We ask you to do this so we can better ensure the safety of the children riding the bus. FAILURE TO NOTIFY OWK-Garland WILL RESULT IN A $10.00 FEE.
• There are no refunds for absenteeism.
What is the policy when my child is sick?
• If your child has any of the following symptoms, he/she will not be allowed to attend OWK-Garland until the symptoms and/or fever have been gone for at least 24 hours.
• Fever - Upper respiratory - Gastrointestinal - Or other major illness
• If your child exhibits signs of illness in OWK-Garland, we will call you or another authorized person to pick up your child within one hour from the time we contact you. We cannot release your child to anyone other than a parent or an authorized person.
Can my child do his/her homework while attending the OWK-Garland After School Program?
• Yes! This is a part of our program. Each day children will be given a 30-minute break. During this time, every child is given the opportunity to pick their activity, including homework, read, draw/color or play board games. If your child needs longer on homework we will accommodate!
Does OWK-Garland offer my child an after-school snack?
• Yes. We offer a drink and snack after school for each child. Your child may also elect to purchase snacks from the front desk.
What happens when there is no school?
• OWK-Garland will offer camps on school holidays and summer break. Each person enrolled in our after-school program will receive 20% off each camp they choose. This discount does not apply to those who choose random drop off. .
How does OWK-Garland discipline?
• At OWK-Garland, discipline consists of positive reinforcement, redirection and time out. Our discipline will be individualized and will be appropriate of each child’s age. We do not believe in humiliating, ridiculing, rejecting or yelling at a child. We never allow physical punishment under any circumstance.
Does OWK-Garland offer a sibling discount for OWK-Garland After School?
• We do not offer a sibling discount for OWK-Garland After School students.
What is the preferred method of communication?.
• Please make sure we have your email address on file as we use it as a form of communication.
How do I check my child out?
• OWK-Garland will issue each child a wrist band or tag with your parent number, provided to you. We will ask for ID and you must match the number at pick up.
My child takes medication every day, what is OWK-Garland’s policy for this?
• For the safety of your child, we cannot dispense medication without a signed Medical Authorization Form. All medication must be in the original container. Over-the-counter medication will never be dispensed to children.
In case of injuries and emergencies, what policies does OWK-Garland follow?
• At OWK-Garland, we make every effort to assure your child’s safety, though we cannot guarantee that accidents will not occur. In case of a serious accidental injury, you will be contacted immediately. If you cannot be reached, we will call the authorized person you have indicated on the Enrollment Form to make medical emergency decisions about your child.
• A signed emergency medical release is necessary to insure prompt medical attention. If we cannot reach anyone, your child will be transported to the nearest hospital of your choice and recommendations of the attending physician will be followed. OWK-Garland will have a designated person stay with your child until you arrive.
What is the safety policy while transporting my child from school to OWK-Garland?
• All children transported by OWK-Garland must adhere to safety rules. Children must remain seated, always wear a seatbelt and follow the staff’s directions. Because of our safety requirements, any violation of this transportation policy may result in restriction of your child riding in the vehicle. Because of the seriousness of our safety concerns, we will notify parents immediately of any discipline problems that occur in our vehicles.
Can parents stay and observe?
• Parents are always welcome to observe.
What are the Prices and Fees?
• OWK-Garland After School customers are required to sign up for autopay, either paying by credit or debit card.
• A $100.00 activity fee (per semester) will cover gym t-shirts, activities for break, recreation equipment and daily snacks. This is due before the first day of school. This amount will not be prorated nor refunded. The annual fee does not apply to Drop-In students.